City of Skate partnered with Juxtaposition Arts on the JXTA Skate-able Art Plaza. JXTA students and staff designed the skate plaza with help from CoS. The plaza combines skateboarding, flexible open space, art installations, and sustainable stormwater management to create a unique public space in the heart of North Minneapolis. Plaza hosts provide a positive vibe and loaner skateboards and helmets 6 days a week.
Funding came from the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee Legacy Fund, a KickStarter Campaign, and the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization, each of which contributed $50,000 for the building of this first-ever art installation/skate spot.
- Concrete products donated by Aggregate MN.
- First Edition plants donated by Bailey Nurseries.
- Custom skateboard elements built by Hunger Skateparks.
- Mural by the TATS CRU.
- Summer and fall 2019 programming provided by a US Bank Community Possible Grant.
- Skateboards and Helmets donated by the Be A Boarder nonprofit.
Completed in May 2019.
2007 North Emerson Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Tell Us About This Skatepark
Use this form to let us know about any issues at this skatepark—or tell us about a great session you had there! City of Skate does not maintain any skateparks itself, but we know the people who do and we will forward any problems we find out about to the people who can fix them.