The existing Elliot skatepark in downtown Minneapolis was completely renovated in 2021 with all-new concrete elements for a variety of skill levels and good flow even when crowded. The skatepark is concrete with landscaping, a permeable patio, lighting, and an expanded footprint. Along with the water management rain gardens, 225 plants and 10 new trees were added in this space.
The following community contributors made Elliot Skate Park Possible:
- Elliot Park Neighborhood for directing $400,000 of MPRB Park Dedication funds.
- Hennepin County Commissioners for a $200,000 2020 Youth Sports Grant.
- X Games Minneapolis and California Skateparks for the design and build documents.
- Mississippi Watershed Management Organization for a $49,373 Action Grant contributed toward incorporating water gardens and a permeable paver patio.
- Custom Builders, Inc. and Hardcore Skateparks for the construction and build.
- Leo A. Daly for in-kind civil service and build document work.
- Sherwin Williams for quality paint and for the restoring of wrought iron decorative fencing.
Opened on July 22, 2021. Grand Opening Celebration was on Friday, August 6th.
The Elliot skatepark is on the east side of downtown Minneapolis, two blocks south of the football stadium. There is plenty of metered parking nearby, although it can be hard to find a parking spot in the evenings when the skatepark and soccer field are busy.
901 South 8th Street
Tell Us About This Skatepark
Use this form to let us know about any issues at this skatepark—or tell us about a great session you had there! City of Skate does not maintain any skateparks itself, but we know the people who do and we will forward any problems we find out about to the people who can fix them.